Help to accelerate your business
Mentoring / Online Tools / Masterclasses/ Grants
What is ACCELERATE?
Gain control of your business, build resilience and prepare yourself to make the most of the new business landscape with our Accelerate programme.
- A series of 6 pre-recorded Masterclasses covering key topics such as Re-setting the Business, Re-connecting with Customers and Moving my Finances Forward which you can access flexibly.
- A weekly live webinar to explore the Masterclass topics and have the opportunity to discuss these with our academic lead and other businesses,
Webinar 1 – Building Blocks for Business Success
Find out what it takes to build an idea into a successful business venture. Understand the importance of having a good business model using the business model canvas.
Webinar 2 – Connecting with Your Customers (Marketing)
Discover your ideal customer, understand their needs, help them achieve their objectives and learn how to add value and gain loyalty.
Webinar 3 – Developing your Business Model and Value Proposition
Explore the tools needed to develop your business model and value proposition. Establish a clear purpose and vision for the business.
Webinar 4 – Moving my Finances Forward
Understand the financial basics to enable you to build revenue and develop cost structures, cashflow and forecasting. Focus on lean start up and ‘bootstrapping’ to grow your business.
Webinar 5 – Making It Happen
Review your business operations to improve efficiency and enable scale up. Discover what resources and key partnerships you need to drive the vision and succeed.
Webinar 6 – Connecting with Customers (Sales)
Learn simple techniques on how to convert customer interest into sale, plan and structure sales meetings, the basic rules of negotiation, how to be more persuasive and close a deal.
Additional Support from ACCELERATE.
- Guided learning tasks and access to a resource library to help you complete your own Action Plan for recovery.
- Up to 15 hours of one to one mentoring
- Access to wider University support including student and graduate talent via recruitment, internships and placements and opportunities to collaborate on research projects
- Access to grants and funding
Kirstie Frenneaux says, “In these uncertain times, we want to help businesses regain focus, provide them with the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions and give them the confidence and support to get their business back on track’’
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Accelerate at Leeds Beckett University is part of the AD:VENTURE programme.
It is aimed at businesses who are:
- Looking to grow and create jobs in the Leeds City Region
- Delivering their product or services to other businesses rather than direct to the consumer.
- Looking for a structured programme, with flexible one to one support, which will keep you on track to help achieve your goals.
Please Note: ERDF Eligibility criteria do apply, and businesses in consumer retail (Only selling to the public), primary agriculture, and nuclear decommissioning and education provision will not be eligible. If you aren’t sure, give us a call or email and we can clarify before you register.
We can also help you with…
Ready to start your AD:VENTURE?
Register your interest and one of our advisors will be happy to help…