Building better business resilience
Grant funding for AD:VENTURE clients
AD:VENTURE RESILIENCE FUND
We understand that the COVID-19 outbreak is a major challenge for many of the businesses we have supported, whilst others have seen significant increase in demand for their products.
We have introduced this new grant to help businesses on the AD:VENTURE programme adapt to the current circumstances. Our grant can be used towards the cost of equipment and some services to help you respond to the unprecedented situation.
Our grant can fund up to 50% of the cost of certain items up to a maximum of £5,000. You would therefore need to spend £10,000 in total in order to obtain a grant of £5,000. The minimum grant you can request is £1,000.
Please note that the grant cannot be used for items that you have already purchased. We can only contribute to the cost of items you buy after we confirm that a grant has been awarded.
A grant of between £1,000 and £5,000 is available for businesses that have been invited to apply. The grant can be used towards the cost of the following items or services:
- New computer;
- Computer equipment (for example, monitor, printer, hard drive);
- Computer software and licences (for example, Customer Relationship Management system);
- Audio-visual equipment (for example video camera and microphone);
- Office furniture;
- New website;
- Improvements to existing website (for example, adding an online shop);
- Marketing materials (for example, leaflets, business cards or banner stand); and,
- Short-term consultancy support (for example, assistance to re-focus your business).
Every £1 of grant has to be matched with your own funding. To apply for the maximum grant of £5,000 you’d therefore need to spend £10,000 or more on the items and/or services listed above.
If you have been invited to apply, then simply obtain the quotes for the items and/or services you intend to buy and then complete the application below. It consists of the following sections:
- Section 1 – Eligibility: questions to establish whether your business is eligible.
- Section 2 – About you
- Section 3 – About your business: background questions on your business.
- Section 4 – Funding request: details of the items you want to buy.
- Section 5 – Benefits
We will review your application and will contact you promptly with an update or any questions we have on your application. We will send you a Grant Funding Agreement if your application has been successful and need you to review, sign and return it to us.
You can then purchase the items or services listed in the Grant Funding Agreement. You then complete our online Grant Claim Form confirming the final cost and providing receipts and a bank statement to confirm that the money left your account. We will pay the grant as soon as we have checked and approved your claim.
Please note that we can only accept quotes from independent parties. For example, a quote for consultancy services from your partner would not be permitted.
All quotes must show VAT or otherwise indicate that the supplier is not VAT registered.
If you can answer yes to each question then your business is eligible:
- i) Have you received an email inviting you to apply?
- ii) Are you an existing AD:VENTURE client?
- iii) Is your business located in Leeds City Region?
- iv) Is your business currently trading, or can re-start trading in the next 6 weeks?
- v) Is your business in an eligible sector? Ineligible sectors are banking and insurance; nuclear or nuclear decommissioning; agriculture and fisheries; coal; steel; ship building; or education.
- vi) Is your business a small or medium-sized enterprise? Essentially are you independent, and do you employ less than 250 staff and have a turnover of less than £43.9 million.
- vii) Is your business less than 3 years old? If the business is over 3 years you need to provide your latest annual accounts and we will perform a check that the business was in good financial health before the COVID-19 outbreak.
- viii) Have you had less than £170,000 in grants and free support over the past 3 years?
1) Do I need any supporting documentation to complete my grant application?
Yes. We require a quote for each item and/or service you wish to purchase using this grant. You cannot complete the application without uploading a quote. A quote could be in the form of a proforma, a screenshot, or an email trail. Please ensure that the quote shows just the cost of the item or service without VAT, delivery costs or warranty costs as the grant can only pay for the net price of the item or service – we cannot pay delivery costs, warranty costs or VAT.
If your company is over 3 years old, we will also require your latest annual accounts, or a balance sheet if you are not required to prepare annual accounts. A balance sheet is easily available from most accounting packages such as Sage, FreeAgent and Xero. If this is not possible, we can accept your latest tax return but may need to contact you to obtain additional information.
2) How long will it take to hear if I have been awarded a grant?
We will contact you within 5 working days of receiving your online application to provide an update or request any further information.
3) How long will it take to get my grant?
Once we have informed you that a grant has been awarded, we will send you a Grant Funding Agreement. You need to sign and return this to us and then purchase the agreed items and services. As soon as you have completed the purchase, and paid suppliers you can complete our grant claim form. We will check the claim form is complete including the supporting documents and will then release the grant into your business bank account.
4) I’m unsure if I have registered with AD:VENTURE? Can I apply for a grant?
You can call us on 0845 524 0210 to check if you have registered. Please do not complete the application if you have not received an email inviting you to do so, or you have not rung the number above to check if you can apply. We only have limited funding and unfortunately cannot make the grant available to all businesses.
5) My business has temporarily ceased trading, can I still apply?
We need you to commit to re-starting the business within 6 weeks of receiving the grant. If you can achieve this then you can apply for a grant.
6) If I apply for this grant, can I still apply to the main AD:VENTURE grant?
Yes. A grant through the AD:VENTURE Resilience Fund will not prevent you from being awarded a grant through the main AD:VENTURE grant scheme.
7) Can I apply for this grant, if I am getting support directly from the Government?
Yes, accessing any of the Government support schemes including the Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) does not prevent you from obtaining an AD:VENTURE Resilience Grant. The only condition is that you can’t already have a grant 100% covering the cost of the items and/or services that you then ask us to contribute towards.
8) I don’t have a business bank account – can I apply for funding?
Yes, but only if you set up a business bank account immediately after applying and have this account set up in the next 2 weeks.
9) What’s considered “short-term”?
Short-term projects must be completed within two months of commencement. This includes consultancy and website development, as well as any other services funded through the grant.