Help to Elevate your business
Mentoring / Academic Experts / Masterclasses/ Grants
What is ELEVATE?
Kirklees Council is passionate about supporting new and early stage businesses in their growth journey, as they play a critical role within the local economy.
This is even more important now in light of the pandemic.
Delivered by the University of Huddersfield, Elevate will provide mentoring and access to specialist advice and support to supercharge the growth of start-ups.
The project will form an important part of the local ecosystem of business advice and the Council is delighted to be providing support for the project.
Facilitated by leading academics, and supported by business mentors, Elevate will bring together individuals from ambitious, young businesses to develop the leadership capabilities in your organization.
Elevate has been designed to introduce a series of crucial questions that you should be asking of yourself and your business in these turbulent times – the answers to which could help identify new opportunities for growth within your businesses.
We are now recruiting for Cohort 1, with programme start expected late February to early March 2021.
SPACES WILL BE LIMITED SO DON’T DELAY, REGISTER TODAY!
ELEVATE – Lifting Kirklees Start-Ups to the next level!
Elevate is based around the identification of key questions you should be asking yourself which include:
- Are you solving the right problems?
- Are you aware of your horizons and what might be coming over them?
- Do you listen to the outliers in your business?
- Do you look at all the options available?
- Do you really encourage innovation and creativity?
These sessions are supported by a programme of one to one support, delivered by experienced business coaches, to help participants drive real change and impact on their business.
Elevate introduces the concept of ‘crucial questions’ to leaders and managers, supporting them to think strategically about their business – the opportunities for growth, the unforeseen challenges and obstacles and their role in driving it forward.
We aim to find a number of these questions which, when asked, enhance the strategic foresight of small firms and increase their opportunities for growth.
Academic led sessions will introduce the context of each of the questions posed and lead to short discussions as to their relevance to individual participant firms
Delegates will take part in four masterclasses, led by Huddersfield Business School academics covering:
- Strategic contrariness – Explore the underlying strategic assumptions about your business
- Leading through infinite possibility – Reflect on the dynamic capabilities of leadership and understanding the role of the leader in changing and uncertain times
- The curious mindset – Understand the value of open innovation, curiosity and creativity in unlocking growth
- New economy and customers – Challenge your marketing assumptions, harness the power of your networks and segment your market for the 21st Century
Elevate is targeted at the leaders and managers of young businesses with clear growth ambitions who are looking for some time and space outside of the business to think strategically and critically about their ambitions and the challenges in achieving them.
Elevate will provide opportunities for critical thinking, reflection and peer learning, all framed within current academic theory and thinking on themes of openness, disruption and empowerment.
It is aimed at businesses who are:
- Looking to grow and create jobs in the Leeds City Region
- Have been trading for 36 months or less
- Are delivering their product or services primarily to other businesses rather than direct to the consumer (Or looking to grow their B2B offer)
- Looking for a structured programme, with flexible one to one support, which will keep you on track to help achieve your goals.
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund, ELEVATE at The University of Huddersfield is part of the AD:VENTURE programme and delivered in partnership with Kirklees Council.
Please Note: ERDF Eligibility criteria do apply, and businesses in consumer retail (Only selling to the public), primary agriculture, and nuclear decommissioning and education provision will not be eligible. If you aren’t sure, give us a call or email and we can clarify before you register.
To find out how we can support your new or growing business
Email Elevate at the University of Huddersfield
We can also help you with…
Ready to start your AD:VENTURE?
Register your interest and one of our advisors will be happy to help…