Helping elevate calderdale’s digital and creative businesses to new heights.
Events. Mentoring. Grants.
Unmissable opportunities for your business.
Transforming Calderdale’s Digital and Creative landscape
The Calderdale district is a vibrant economy becoming well established as the place to start and grow innovative digital and creative businesses in the UK.
It’s location between Leeds and Manchester in the heart of Pennine Yorkshire puts it within one hour’s travel of a quarter of a million businesses, eight million people and a combined economy worth around £150 billion.
What is Digital Shift?
Digital Shift is an exciting new programme offering a huge range of hands on practical support and providing unmissable opportunities for businesses to access grants, specialist workshops and expert mentoring ensuring the digital and creative sector continues to flourish and thrive in Calderdale.
The key aims of Digital Shift are:
- Grow the digital sector in Calderdale to create jobs and increase profitability
- Establish Calderdale as the place to develop your digital & creative business
- Increase collaboration, supply chain and innovation opportunities
- Boost digital capabilities of new and growing business
- Embed a legacy of success for the creative and digital sector
- Engage and retain young talent creating a culture of entrepreneurship amongst its young population
Working in partnership with AD:VENTURE, Calderdale Council and Leeds Beckett University will provide a programme of focused support through Digital Shift to pre-start and young business in the Digital and Creative sectors including:
- Diagnostics to identify growth opportunities and set action plans
- One to One Mentoring
- Access to growth grants up to £25,000
- Specialist events on key topics such as Sales, Marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Exporting, Product Development, Minimum Viable Product, Branding, Networking, Business Planning and accessing cash to start or grow the business.
- Monthly Digital Breakfast at The University Business Centre
- Digital Shift Summit (September 2018) 3 day Festival of activity including a hackathon, specialist events and access to expert seminars and speakers
The main access point for the Digital Shift programme will be through the Halifax University Business Centre at Piece Mill.
Leeds Beckett University and Calderdale Council have signed a formal agreement with the aim of working together to boost the economy in and around Calderdale.
There is clear research that shows having a University presence in an area helps to raise levels of aspiration and attainment, as well as supporting the retention of skilled graduate labour within a region.
The University Business Centre will help to create new jobs and businesses as well as increasing the numbers of higher level jobs. The business support that Leeds Beckett University provides to early stage businesses is proven to almost double sustainability.
Individuals looking to set up a new business, or those who have an established business under 3 years old and are looking to grow.
Across many sectors, young businesses have the capacity to increase productivity and sustainability by developing digital capabilities, so if this is something you want to explore, get in touch.
Please Note: ERDF Eligibility criteria do apply, and businesses in consumer retail (Only selling to the public), primary agriculture, and nuclear decommissioning and education provision will not be eligible. If you aren’t sure, give us a call or email and we can clarify before you register.
REGISTER TO DIGITAL SHIFT
ARE YOU A DIGITAL OR CREATIVE BUSINESS LOOKING TO GROW? JOIN US FOR THE DIGITAL SHIFT SUMMIT!
COMING SEPTEMBER 2018 TO HALIFAX
27-29 September 2018 at The University Business Centre – HALIFAX, Piece Mill.
We can also help you with…
Ready to start your AD:VENTURE?
Register your interest and one of our advisors will be happy to help…