31st May 2019 8:30 am - 10:30 am
In this session
What do SMEs need to successfully run and grow a business?
With a background in business and technology from London’s European Business School and Sydney’s AGSM and a global career path working in various industries such as travel, value added services in mobile technology and financial services, as well as a short stint as an entrepreneur, Ambreen is now Head of Business Banking for UK neobank Monese. She has spearheaded the design and launch of the Monese business account, offering SME’s, start-ups and other businesses access to a digital bank account service , third party financial products and services (coming soon) via Monese’s mobile app.
In October 2018 Monese Business was launched as part of our expansion:
- The ‘Monese Business’ account can be set-up in five minutes and comes bundled with personal banking in one simple-to-use app
- Available to UK registered businesses in 12 languages and will be launched in Europe very soon
- 3500 businesses have signed up to Monese and we estimate that around 20% of these businesses are female-led
Monese Business simplifies a frustrating process for time-pressed entrepreneurs, particularly for those whose work takes them all over the world
- We know that life moves fast for entrepreneurs and their work often takes them all over the world, so they need fast, connected and transparent banking
- Business banking should not slow down anyone’s ambitions. It should be with them at every step, wherever they are in the world
- The Monese Business account is business banking that keeps up with the entrepreneur as they build the business of their dreams
08.30-09.00 Registration and breakfast
10.00-10.30 Networking opportunity
The University Business Centre in Halifax with funding from the Adventure Project Invites business working in the Digital sector in Calderdale to join us for a series of monthly breakfast events. These events aim to provide a place for businesses to gain new knowledge and skills and network with other people working in the sector. Our fifth breakfast seminar will focus on effective business planning.
Am I eligible?
The AD:VENTURE project is aimed at providing support to young and growing businesses with an eligibility focus on:
- SMEs under 3 years old
- Based in the Leeds City Region
- Trading in an eligible sector (this generally excludes primary agriculture, banking and financial services, activities related to education or social care, and those sectors trading directly with consumers e.g. retail and hospitality)
- Commitment and plans for achieving growth in turnover and creation of jobs
Date And Time
Fri, 31 May 2019
08:30 – 10:30 BST
University Business Centre – Halifax
25-27 Horton Street