Starts in 12 Days, 12 Hours
9th November 2021 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Get to grips with tax and bookkeeping for your business.
About this event
In our sixth interactive workshop, we’ll be getting to grips with tax and bookkeeping and looking at what systems you should have in place to get things right.
Find out how to approach bookkeeping structures, how taxes work for different business types, and understand VAT.
In this session, you’ll:
• Understand what legal status is right for you and your business
• Learn how to register a trade with HMRC
• Understand how to set up and maintain your own bookkeeping system
• Find out how to file tax returns
• Calculate personal income tax, corporation tax and national insurance
• Understand how financial accounts equate to money you can take out of your business
This workshop will be delivered by Richard Munoz.
Richard is a member of the ACCA and has 25 years’ experience in accountancy and taxation matters. Over his career he has worked with SME’s, start-ups and large companies. Richard’s passion is simplifying the complicated tax code so business can understand with confidence how to deal with their compliance needs.
About Start-up Leeds:
Start-up Leeds gives anyone with a business idea the skills and confidence they need to take their business further. The programme will be delivered in selected libraries across the city, starting in Horsforth Library and linking into a wider programme of talks at Leeds Central Library, and will feature a range of specialists covering the skills and knowledge you need to take your business to the next step.
You can attend the full programme or dip into the topics that best suit your needs.
Book your place at this event here.