Starts in 5 Months, 14 Days
3rd December 2021 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Did you know that 41% of high growth firms find deficiencies in leadership competencies to be an obstacle to growth? As a Founder of a small business, it can be a real challenge to cover all bases and get everything done, especially as the business grows and the demands on your time never seem to end. Building a capable, challenging and supportive team is the key to sustainable business success and investing in your own leadership skills is crucial to that.
Run by experienced workshop facilitator and Co-Founder of his own business in Leeds, Andy Jenkins MCIPD will share practical leadership tools, tips and good practice including:
• How to manage your time and energy to avoid becoming over-stretched
• Explore the evidence about what successful leaders do using case study examples
• Working out what leadership skills are most important for you and your business
• Assess yourself against them to identify your own leadership strengths & weaknesses using an online survey and/or development card sort
• Discuss challenges & ideas to build an action plan that you can put into practice
- Understand the risks & downsides of not understanding own leadership skills and impact on others
- Dispel common misconceptions about leadership and understand that there is no ‘one best way’ for leadership success
- Draw up a shortlist of key capabilities required for success
- Understand what energises me and what drains me
- Build an individual action plan to optimise strengths and address critical weaknesses.
Logging on to the session:
You will receive a reminder email two days before the online workshop this will give you the link and password you will require to enter the session. You will be taken to a registration page, if you can fill out your details in and click register you will be taken through to the online workshop. The workshop will start prompt at 10am, however for our records you will be required to sign into the session. Therefore can I ask you log on to the workshop from 9.30am. Once you are in the session, you will receive a signing in sheet, if you can follow the instructions via the email and sign the document online and click complete.
The AD:VENTURE programme delivers ERDF funded growth support to existing businesses in their first 3 years of trading and for people planning to start a business within the Leeds City Region.
The AD:VENTURE programme is supported by the 2014 – 2020 European Regional Development Fund.