Starts in 5 Days, 8 Hours
27th February 2020 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Social Media Breakfast Club
Thursday 13 February 2020 – Thursday 23 April 2020 (six sessions)
9.00am to 12.30pm, unless otherwise stated
Leeds Central Library, 3rd Floor, Sanderson Room
Liz Cable has been teaching social media for businesses since Twitter launched in 2006. Every session will have a dos and don’ts for every platform built on a decade of experience with hundreds of accounts and clients from every sector. We’ll make sure you look like a professional from your very first update after starting Social Media Breakfast Club.
If you are a complete beginner, we recommend attending “Going Social” before any (or all) of the other workshops. We go beyond simple marketing tips to building relationships and finding your own tribe, whilst gaining a reputation for expertise in your niche. The software, apps and tools we recommend are all free or freemium (occasionally just very cheap).
Delegate quotes: Love it, excellent content very, very relevant. Really enjoyed it, informative, informal and fun. Brilliant at explaining this topic. Full of great bits of useful tips.
Please make sure you bring a laptop or device that you can access the internet from and use during the workshop.
Going Social – Thursday 13 February 2020
- Why Twitter is the best place to start
- Hashtags, how to find them, how to use them
- Finding your audience and getting their attention
- Lists – Twitter’s secret killer feature
- What to tweet
Facebook vs LinkedIN – Thursday 27 February 2020
- Which platform to use when
- Why you need a LinkedIn account.
- What is social advertising, how does it work (and how much does it cost)?
- Hosted, Earned, Owned and Paid for media
- Your LinkedIn profile make-over
Visual Media – Thursday 12 March 2020
- Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat – Which one is right for you and your customers?
- How to get your content seen
- Content planning for visual media
- Herding cats – how to get your viewers where you want them
- Live video – should you take the plunge?
Blogging for Business – Thursday 26 March 2020
- WordPress versus Medium (other platforms are available)
- Finding your voice, finding your audience
- 57 varieties of blogpost
- How to be found – writing for search engines and your audience
- Joining the “blogosphere”, finding your business fans
Social Media Strategy – Part 1 – Thursday 9 April 2020
- Bringing it all together – choosing platforms and planning campaigns
- Content and Engagement planning
- Using other people’s platforms, reaching other people’s audience
- Scheduling tools, editing tools
- Curating vs creating content
Social Media Strategy – Part 2 – Thursday 23 April 2020
- Online Community Management
- Measuring Success
- Return on Investment for your time and attention
- Self-sustaining social media
- What if it’s really not working?
Leeds Central Libary, The Sanderson Room on the third floor.
Please use the main door for access, it opens at 9.00am and the session will start at 9.15am. Disabled access is via the basement door. Refreshments (tea, coffee and biscuits) will be available.
To register for a place:
Please register for a place if you are a business under three years old with a desire to grow and employ people. Ad:Venture is focussed on supporting new and high-growth businesses. If you are eligible you will be asked to complete a Company Record form before you attend. Ideally, you will need to commit to attending all 6 workshops. If you are eligible for these workshops we will contact you to confirm your attendance.
Leeds Trinity University is proud to be part of Ad:Venture; a business support programme aimed at helping businesses in the Leeds City Region with real growth potential to achieve their ambitions. We are looking to support businesses that have ambitions to grow and create jobs. The project is supported by the 2014 to 2022 European Regional Development Fund Programme.
If you have any questions, or for any further information, please contact Louise Miller, Ad:Venture Project Manager at Leeds Trinity University.