Starts in 2 Months, 12 Days
8th December 2021 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Part 2 December 8
9.30 – 10am Registration, 10.00 am start finish at 1 pm.
Do you need to build a website for your business but not sure where to start? Would you rather do it yourself than paying someone else? Do you want the tools to be able to update your own website as often as you like, and when you like? We can help!
Liz Cable is a Senior Lecturer in Digital and Social Media at Leeds Trinity University. She is also a strategic social business consultant, helping clients articulate and deliver practical strategies for adopting and embedding technology in working and learning practices. She spends a lot of time creating and managing online communities, and her expertise is in engagement strategies to bring people together online to share, to work and to learn.
She founded Reach Further, the UK’s first social media consultancy in 2006, and has helped thousands of businesses understand and realise the potential of social media through workshops, seminars and consultancy.
Previous delegates quotes:
‘Very informative & adapted to individual needs.’ Good mix of explanation and support with freedom to get on with it.’
The ‘Build a website for your business’ workshop – delivered by Senior Lecturer in Digital and Social Media Liz Cable – will give you the practical tools and skills to build your own website and get yourself noticed online.
Before you attend this workshop, you must have your WordPress domain name and hosting set up. If you are unsure about how to do this please contact Scott Sellars: Scott.Sellars@ad-venture.org.uk, phone 08455 240210, he will be able to help organise and buy your hosting & your domain name. Please make sure you contact Scott well in advance of the workshop to allow plenty of time to set up the hosting and domain name.
You will not be able to attend the workshop unless you have everything set up and a good level of computer skills.
Using a WordPress blog, you’ll create a site that:
• Has as many pages as you want
• Can be updated as often as you like, when you like
• Uses photos, video, music and slideshows with ease
• Integrates Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels
• Has a news feed that can be updated online, on your phone or by text
• Works across all platforms and devices
• Can integrate an online shop.
In addition, you’ll learn how to kick-start your marketing so you can start driving traffic to your site – with some great tips and tricks from Liz for spreading the word about your website.
What skills do I need?
Attendees should be familiar with browsing online and using any word-processing software at a basic level. You should be able to type at a reasonable speed.
We will be referring to the easywpguide.com throughout the session, please make sure you have downloaded a copy to your device before the session.
What should I bring?
If you have your own laptop, please bring it. Otherwise, just let us know and we can provide you with a computer.
Please also bring a written document (+electronically) which explains more about your business and the services you offer. We can add this to the website straight away.
Free – this workshop is funded through Ad:Venture; a business support programme helping businesses in the Leeds City Region with real growth potential to achieve their ambitions.
Who should attend?
Please register for a place if you are a business under three years old with a desire to grow and to employ people. Ad:Venture is focussed on supporting new and high-growth businesses. You will be asked to complete a Company Record form before you attend to check your eligibility. If you are eligible for these workshops, we will contact you to confirm your attendance.
How do I book?
Please register here.
8 December 2021 Part 2 (24 November Part 1)
10.00 am start
Finish at 1pm
Leeds Trinity University, Brownberrie Lane, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5HD.
Please register in the Andrew Kean Learning Centre, the large building on the right as you walk down towards the main entrance. The room number will be released shortly. There is a £5 charge for all day parking.
The University’s approach throughout the pandemic has been to put the health, safety and wellbeing of all its students, staff and visitors first, and this will continue to be our priority. As a visitor to our campus, please support us by adhering to the following during your visit:
• Do not come to campus if you feel unwell, if you or a member of your household has any COVID-19 symptoms, or if you or a member of your household has tested positive for COVID-19.
• Hand sanitiser points will be available at all entrances/exits. We request that everyone uses the hand sanitiser provided upon entry into the building or washes their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
• Face coverings are expected to be worn at all times inside our campus buildings, including public spaces and classrooms, unless you are exempt.
• Wherever possible, please ensure windows and doors remain open to allow a supply of fresh air and ventilation.
• Other measures are also in place, such as screens in reception areas, between some desks and within lecture theatres. Please utilise these when in these areas and refrain from moving these or any other furniture wherever possible.
As the situation evolves, so will our approach to keeping you, our colleagues and our students safe. Thank you for your patience and support as we manage this.
Leeds Trinity University is proud to be part of Ad:Venture a business support programme aimed at helping businesses in the Leeds City Region with real growth potential to achieve their ambitions. We are looking to support businesses that have ambitions to grow and create jobs. The project is supported by the 2014 to 2022 European Regional Development Fund Programme.
If you have any questions, or for any further information, please contact Louise Miller, Ad:Venture Project Manager at Leeds Trinity University. email@example.com