Starts in 2 Days, 3 Hours
29th May 2018 All Day
What’s involved in Enterprise?
Our Enterprise programme helps 18 to 30-year-olds turn their big ideas into a business reality. With so much advice, guidance and support on offer for budding entrepreneurs, our in-person programme is broken down into four stages.
If you’re interested in trying out our online Enterprise programme, get in touch.
Stage 1: Meet the team
Attend a free information session to find out what our Enterprise programme involves and how we can support you.
Stage 2: Explore
Come along to our free four-day workshop, which could even land you a Level 1 Award in Exploring Enterprise.
- Day 1: An inspirational talk from a business expert, giving you the chance to think about your personal goals and skills. We’ll also spend some time discussing personal finance and exploring legal structures.
- Day 2: What’s a great business idea without a plan to promote it? We talk marketing and selling.
- Day 3: Let’s focus on finance, including dealing with HMRC, pricing and managing your money in a business.
- Day 4: There’s no time like the present to begin thinking about business plans, so today you’ll start to consider your next steps.
Stage 3: Building your business
To plan and test your business idea, we’ll give you flexible one-to-one support to get started with market research, writing your business plan and considering finance. You could even gain a Level 2 certificate once your business plan is finished.
This is the time we’ll also tell you more about ‘Will it Work’ grants of up to £250 to test if your business is viable.
Stage 4: Launch
Ahead of your launch, you’ll present your business plan to our Business Launch Group whose job it is to ensure your idea is viable and sustainable.
Don’t worry, there are no dragons here. It’s designed to be a positive experience for you – and to ensure there are no weak points in your plan. If approved*, your mentor will support you for two years and you’ll get to enjoy a range of free and discounted business services support for three years.
There’s also additional start-up finance support if you need it, including:
- Low interest start-up loans of up to £5,000, offered through the Start Up Loans Company
- Small start-up business grants in special circumstances
If, at any point during the programme, you decide self-employment isn’t for you, it’s not a problem; we can give you six months of mentoring support to help you understand where you want to be.
*It’s never our goal to set anyone up to fail but if the panel decides that your business plan isn’t ready, they’ll give you feedback to help improve it. You can try again or can still choose to do something else with your life – we’ll give you support for six months to help you find what works for you.
If you progress via the Explore Enterprise route, and your new business is eligible, the AD:VENTURE team can then offer additional support to ensure you new business continues to grow!!